Sunday, May 29, 2011

FOIA records request to FBI on self

Federal Bureau of Investigation
FOI/PA Request
Records Information/Dissemination Section
170 Marcel Drive
Winchester, VA 22602-4843


May 29, 2011

Dear FBI Records Section:

This is a noncommercial request under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.

I request a complete and thorough search of all filing systems and locations for all records maintained by your agency pertaining to and/or captioned:

Ivan J. Greenberg

This is a request for records on myself.

By way of background, I am a former college history professor and the author of a recent book on the FBI, The Dangers of Dissent: The FBI and Civil Liberties since 1965 (Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield/Lexington Books 2010). During the past decade, I filed numerous FOIA requests with your office for my research. I initiated the FOIA lawsuit, Greenberg V. FBI, in 2008.

I have provided below a list of prior and current addresses where I have resided since 1992. Please check the local FBI field offices in these areas for records on me. I enclosed a recent resume to help you locate any records. I also enclosed the U.S. Justice Department Certification of Identity form.

--217 West 106 St. #5E
New York, NY 10025

-- 1555 Oak St. #6
San Francisco, CA 94117

--1472 La Playa St.
San Francisco, CA 94122

--2105 Wallace Ave. #5A
Bronx, NY 10462

--102 W. Main St. (Hoover House)
West Branch, IA 52358

--4005 Postgate Terrace #204
Silver Spring, MD 20906


This request specifically includes where appropriate "main" files and "see references," including but not limited to numbered and lettered sub files and control files. I also request a search of the Electronic Surveillance (ELSUR) Index, or any similar technique for locating records of electronic surveillance. I request that all records be produced with the administrative pages. I wish to be sent copies of "see reference" cards, abstracts, search slips, including search slips used to process this request, file covers, multiple copies of the same documents if they appear in a file, tapes of any electronic surveillance, photographs, and logs of physical surveillance (FISUR). Please place missing documents on "special locate."

Please provide the material to me in an electronic form on CD-ROM.

Sincerely,


Dr. Ivan Greenberg
4005 Postgate Terrace #204
Silver Spring, MD 20906
igreen7047@aol.com

No comments: